Cobra Buckle Disassembly / Reassembly Instruction
To avoid causing damage to your washing machine or its contents, we recommend removing the zinc alloy cobra buckle from the MODULAR RADIO STRAP SYSTEM before throwing it into the washing machine / extractor for cleaning and decontamination.Disassembly Instruction
Cobra Buckle Disassembly Instruction
1. Locate the notches on the buckle body (circled in red) and the corresponding notches on the silver bar (circled in blue);
2. Position the silver bar as shown so that both notches on the buckle body and the silver bar overlaps;
3. Push the silver bar down and out of the buckle body.
4. If the silver bar is too tight to remove by hand, use a tool to pry, paying attention not to mar the surface of the buckle body. We have found that a table spoon / tea spoon works best.
5. DO NOT lose the silver bar!
*Replacement parts are available for purchase.
Cobra Buckle Reassembly Instruction
The Main Radio Strap Platform
1. Position the Silver Bar so the Notches Overlap; Push the Silver Bar down and out.
2. Thread the loop of the radio strap webbing through the buckle body ( hook and loop towards the underside of the buckle body).
3. With the webbing loop through the buckle, insert the silver bar through the webbing.
4. Position the silver bar as shown so that both notches on the buckle body and the silver bar overlaps.
5. Thread the running end of the webbing over topside of the buckle into the top slot.
6. Rethread the running end of the webbing from the underside of the buckle into the bottom slot.